Learn about recent changes to cannabis regulations in Pomona, CA
The City of Pomona launched its Commercial Cannabis Program and will be accepting applications between March 17th and April 20th.
This cty in Los Angeles County, CA is between Inland Empire and the San Gabriel valley in Pomona Valley. Population size is around 150,000 and 30 miles (48 km) east of the Los Angeles area of Los Angeles County with a total area of 22.964 square miles (59.48 km2).
We recommend you look into operations in Pomona, CA for your next cannabis business and have compiled the details for you to consider if it is the right fit. Contact us with any other questions about opportunities in Pomona!
Limited Permits Available – There will only be eight commercial cannabis permits at this time, and each Pomona permit is inclusive of both adult-use and medical use.
Pomona, CA Allowed Cannabis Uses
- On April 1st, 2019 the city council of Pomona adopted Ordinance No. 4257 , which amended the municipal code to allow and regulate the following commercial cannabis uses:
- Indoor and mixed-light cultivation
- Manufacturing (volatile and non-volatile)
- Retail Storefront
- Retailer non-storefront delivery
Pomona, CA Permit Limits
- The city will issue a total of eight commercial cannabis permits at this time, and each Pomona permit is inclusive of both adult-use and medical use.
- (2) Storefront Retail permits
- (2) Microbusinesses permits
- (4) of any combination of Manufacturing, Testing, Distribution, and Indoor Cultivation up to 22,000 feet.
Pomona, CA Zoning
- All prospective cannabis business applicants must verify their business would satisfy the following zoning restrictions:
Pomona, CA Tax Information
- On election day 11/6/2018, the citizens of Pomona voted to approve a cannabis tax that would set the following rates:
- $7/ square foot of canopy space that uses exclusively artificial lighting
- $4/ square foot of canopy space that uses a mix of natural and artificial lighting
- $2/ square foot of canopy space that uses no artificial lighting
- $1/ square foot of canopy space for any nursery
- Testing: 1% of gross receipts
- Retail dispensary, non-storefront retail (delivery) or microbusiness (retail sales): 4% of gross receipts
- Distribution: 2% receipts
- Manufacturing, processing, microbusiness (non-retail), and any other uses not specified: 2% gross receipts
How To Apply for Pomona, CA Cannabis Licensing
See Detailed Application Instructions:
- Click here for a detailed roadmap from the city of Pomona on how to apply for for a commercial cannabis permit, broken down into ten steps.
- *Due to the ongoing public health concerns related to COVID-19, the city of Pomona is shifting the acceptance of the Zoning Verification Letter (Step #2 in the Implementation Guide) from appointment-based physical submissions to electronic submissions only, no appointment required. Electronic submissions may be made directly to email@example.com
Contact CREC Compliance:
- Contact Our Cannabis Compliance Team – with questions and how we can assist your application to have the best chance of successful approval and licensing.
We also have custom mapping for you to see all of the due diligence to find a viable property in Pomona CA. Without the right research it is very complicated and risky to establish a legitimate cannabis operation within the new regulations. Use our custom maps, compliance team, and real estate agents to have a better understanding of your proposed area of business.
Order Custom Regulations / Zoning Maps
Full Regulatory Map for City of your Choice
Know exactly where ALL the viable properties are for commercial cannabis in the area you choose.
Custom regulatory map research comes with:
- Predictive Analysis
- Property Due Diligence Report
- Municipality Regulation Summary
- City Market Analysis
- Discount Compliance Services
- Nationwide properties for sale, for lease, leases expiring within a year, and off market.
- And More!
Use our research team to be ahead of the curve and ready for new cities/municipalities before everyone else!
Currently it’s only $2,500 (Normally $5,710 cost)
Predictive Analysis for Viable Operations
We offer predictive analysis for any jurisdiction, which is the most important part of getting a head start in finding a viable property for a cannabis operation. The location in this regulation watch is just one of many that we are actively monitoring and expect to become viable municipalities shortly, pending the completion of their regulations by the city. It is our goal to help clients plan for new areas and emerging markets.
Hire us to develop predictive analysis and custom maps in any region you are pursuing to have a huge leg up on your competitors! The CREC Research Team can create custom maps for any municipality using the CREC Portal and provide the due diligence required for creating a complete picture of a region.
Contact CREC Team about ordering your custom regulation maps!
All Municipality / City Regulation Update Posts
- September 24, 2019 Updates: Oxnard, Santa Rosa, Thousand Oaks, Sacramento, Colton, Novato, Sonoma County, Fairfax, Davis, Humboldt
- October 1, 2019 Updates: Illinois Adult-Use Cannabis License Application Details & FAQs
- October 2, 2019 Updates: Humboldt County, Long Beach, Sonoma County, Washington State
- October 14, 2019 Updates: Culver City, City of Berkley, El Dorado, Humboldt, Washington State, Fort Bragg, Sonoma County, Morro Bay
- October 22, 2019 Updates: Fairfax, Humboldt County, Mendota, La Mesa, Culver City, Oxnard, Ventura City, Marysville
- October 29, 2019 Updates: City of Marina, Culver City, City of San Anselmo, City of Barstow, City of San Luis Obispo, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Port Hueneme
- November 26, 2019 Updates: Stanton, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Benicia, Sacramento, Marysville, Pomona, and San Fernando City
- December 18, 2019 Updates: El Monte, Fresno, Sacramento
- January 28, 2020 Updates: Bank Safe Act, Grand Rapids Michigan, Knox County Illinois, Washington, and Illinois.
- March 11, 2020 Updates: Corona, Chico, El Monte, El Centro, La Habra
Join our newsletter to have cannabis regulation updates sent directly to your inbox.