Learn about recent changes to municipalities that are updating their cannabis regulations.
In this edition we have updates of all the cannabis businesses in Hueneme, a license granted in San Luis Obispo, upcoming community meetings and more updates to rules and regulations.
Dive right in and take a look at the recent changes in municipalities we are tracking.
All Municipality / City Regulation Update Posts
- September 24, 2019 Updates: Oxnard, Santa Rosa, Thousand Oaks, Sacramento, Colton, Novato, Sonoma County, Fairfax, Davis, Humboldt
- October 1, 2019 Updates: Illinois Adult-Use Cannabis License Application Details & FAQs
- October 2, 2019 Updates: Humboldt County, Long Beach, Sonoma County, Washington State
- October 14, 2019 Updates: Culver City, City of Berkley, El Dorado, Humboldt, Washington State, Fort Bragg, Sonoma County, Morro Bay
- October 22, 2019 Updates: Fairfax, Humboldt County, Mendota, La Mesa, Culver City, Oxnard, Ventura City, Marysville
- October 29, 2019 Updates: City of Marina, Culver City, City of San Anselmo, City of Barstow, City of San Luis Obispo, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Port Hueneme
- November 26, 2019 Updates: Stanton, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Benicia, Sacramento, Marysville, Pomona, and San Fernando City
October 29, 2019 – Municipality / City Cannabis Regulation Updates
City of Marina Update
- City of Marina Commercial Cannabis Program Update – The Final Ranking Scores by Category found on the City’s Commercial Cannabis web page at the link below has been updated: https://www.cityofmarina.org/889/9105/Commercial-Cannabis-Businesses
Culver City Update
- This is a courtesy notice regarding an upcoming community meeting being held by an applicant for a Culver City commercial cannabis storefront retail (dispensary) business permit.
- Applicant: Essence CC, LLC
Proposed Business Location:12450 W. Washington Blvd.
Meeting Location: Indigo House, 12512 W. Washington Blvd, Culver City 90066
Meeting Date/Time: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Contact: (310) 596-0412 or email@example.com
- Applicant: Essence CC, LLC
City of San Anselmo Update
- The Town Council will hear from a consultant and discuss cannabis business issues ranging from a total ban to allowing a medicinal dispensary and medicinal/recreational delivery business. The meeting will be held on Tuesday October 22 at 7:00 p.m. in the Town Council Chambers, 525 San Anselmo Avenue.
City of Barstow Update
- Special Municipal Election – March 3, 2020 For Proposed Commercial Cannabis Ordinance.
- The City of Barstow is placing a special cannabis tax measure to the qualified electorate on the March 2020 Primary Ballot, with a 2/3 majority voter approval required for passage.
- If the measure passes it would impose a 15% business tax on annual gross receipts of cannabis related businesses, with proceeds used to augment the Police Department fund and various general fund services such as police services to include neighborhood patrols, gang, drug and crime prevention. Click Here for the resolution and proposed ordinance.
City of San Luis Obispo Update
- City Grants Third Commercial Cannabis Permit – Natural Healing Center, LLC granted Commercial Cannabis Operator Permit
- Post Date: 10/23/2019. The City of San Luis Obispo has completed the review process for two additional cannabis businesses that applied for permits under the City’s new cannabis regulations. Natural Healing Center, LLC, was granted a Commercial Cannabis Operator Permit to open a retail storefront business. An Operator Permit for Elemental Wellness, another retail storefront applicant, was not approved, although the company is eligible to reapply in the future.
City of Port Hueneme Update
- Cannabis Business Updates:
- GreenOcean – 501 W. Channel Islands Blvd., #207-208 – Construction plans for the tenant improvements for this new indoor cannabis cultivation business are currently in review.
- High Farms – 501 W. Channel Islands Blvd., #201 – The applicant recently submitted a revised Certificate of Approval application, which is in review by the City’s cannabis application reviewing committee members.
- Leaf and Lion (formerly Port Retail) – 437 W. Channel Islands Blvd – Construction of this dispensary (the City’s seventh) has been completed. The City will be issuing a Certificate of Occupancy shortly and the business should be open within the next two weeks.
- PH Organics – 475 W. Channel Islands Blvd – The application for the Conditional Use Permit and Development Agreement for this proposed cannabis microbusiness (dispensary, indoor cultivation and ancillary distribution operations) has been deemed complete and staff anticipates scheduling the application for City Council action at their November 18, 2019 meeting date.
- Skunkmasters – On October 21, 2019, the City Council approved the resolution for the Conditional Use Permit and introduced the ordinance for the Development Agreement to allow the Skunkmasters dispensary to relocate from their current location at 2675 N. Ventura Road to a new, much larger facility on the “Green Mile” at 233 E. Channel Islands Blvd.
- Tech Delivery – 501 W. Channel Islands Blvd., #204 – On October 14, 2019, the City Manager issued a Certificate of Approval for this proposed cannabis delivery business. Staff is awaiting submittal of the formal application for the required Conditional Use Permit and Development Agreement.
- Tradecraft – 2597 Bolker Drive – The applicant is revising the construction drawings for the tenant improvements for this cannabis microbusiness (dispensary, indoor cultivation and ancillary distribution operations) based on comments made from the last round of plan checks. It is anticipated that building permits should be issued upon re-check.
- Will amend ordinance approve retail and commercial cannabis ordinance.
- City found that allowing cannabis will not prove harmful to the environment under California’s required CEQA.
Santa Rosa Update
- Two new cannabis related properties have gotten CUPs approved by city.
Join our newsletter to have cannabis regulation updates sent directly to your inbox.