Learn about recent changes to municipalities that are updating their cannabis regulations.
In this edition we have updates of El Monte, Fresno, Sacramento.
Potentially the last of the updates for the year take a look at the recent updates in municipalities we are tracking below.
All Municipality / City Regulation Update Posts
- September 24, 2019 Updates: Oxnard, Santa Rosa, Thousand Oaks, Sacramento, Colton, Novato, Sonoma County, Fairfax, Davis, Humboldt
- October 1, 2019 Updates: Illinois Adult-Use Cannabis License Application Details & FAQs
- October 2, 2019 Updates: Humboldt County, Long Beach, Sonoma County, Washington State
- October 14, 2019 Updates: Culver City, City of Berkley, El Dorado, Humboldt, Washington State, Fort Bragg, Sonoma County, Morro Bay
- October 22, 2019 Updates: Fairfax, Humboldt County, Mendota, La Mesa, Culver City, Oxnard, Ventura City, Marysville
- October 29, 2019 Updates: City of Marina, Culver City, City of San Anselmo, City of Barstow, City of San Luis Obispo, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Port Hueneme
- November 26, 2019 Updates: Stanton, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Benicia, Sacramento, Marysville, Pomona, and San Fernando City
December 18, 2019 – Municipality / City Cannabis Regulation Updates
El Monte (12/3/19)
- Approved retail cannabis on the city level. Voting by citizens will take place in March 2020
- Sensitive uses include: schools, daycare centers, and youth centers
- Buffers are 800 feet and there is a cap of only 6 retailers
- Retail zonings: SP-4 (downtown TOD), MMU, commercial, manufacturing zones
- Fresno has passed a retail and commercial cannabis ordinance
- Subject to mayor vote
- Retail zonings with 21 locations
- Possible zonings: DTN, DTG, NMX, CMX, RMX
- Must be 800 feet away from other retailers, schools, day care, and youth centers
- The City of Sacramento has updated its ordinance on the use of illegal cultivation of cannabis
- The city has also extended its moratorium on hemp manufacturing for 10 months and 15 days
Join our newsletter to have cannabis regulation updates sent directly to your inbox.