Learn about recent changes to municipalities that are updating their cannabis regulations.
In this edition we have updates of Stanton, Oxnard, Thousand Oaks, Benicia, Sacramento, Marysville, Pomona, and San Fernando City.
As we draw closer to 2020, take a look at the recent updates in municipalities we are tracking below.
All Municipality / City Regulation Update Posts
- September 24, 2019 Updates: Oxnard, Santa Rosa, Thousand Oaks, Sacramento, Colton, Novato, Sonoma County, Fairfax, Davis, Humboldt
- October 1, 2019 Updates: Illinois Adult-Use Cannabis License Application Details & FAQs
- October 2, 2019 Updates: Humboldt County, Long Beach, Sonoma County, Washington State
- October 14, 2019 Updates: Culver City, City of Berkley, El Dorado, Humboldt, Washington State, Fort Bragg, Sonoma County, Morro Bay
- October 22, 2019 Updates: Fairfax, Humboldt County, Mendota, La Mesa, Culver City, Oxnard, Ventura City, Marysville
- October 29, 2019 Updates: City of Marina, Culver City, City of San Anselmo, City of Barstow, City of San Luis Obispo, Santa Rosa, Fresno, and Port Hueneme
November 26, 2019 – Municipality / City Cannabis Regulation Updates
- Stanton residents voted on a tax that would tax commercial cannabis businesses (Measure A) -https://voiceofoc.org/2019/11/stanton-voters-back-special-taxes-in-early-returns/
- Oxnard will hold a hearing for a retail cannabis ordinance. The meeting will take place on December 3rd
- City has approved an ordinance for delivery only cannabis activity.
- Additionally city will remove the cap on micro business in the jurisdiction
Specific Uses: IL, IG, IW, IP
San Fernando City (11-18-19)
- City will place measures on March 2020 ballot for a ban on cannabis activities
Thousand Oaks (11-5-19)
- City has extended a moratorium on all commercial and industrial hemp
- Cultivation, processing, storing, retail and other commercial uses
- City will extend the moratorium for 10 months on any licensing or other city necessities for approval of hemp activities
- Imposed a moratorium on hemp activities for extended times.
- Hemp moratorium will expire on Sept 20, 2020
- Manufacturing of Hemp will also be held on a moratorium December 2019
- Ordinance passed for regulating commercial cannabis
- City will introduce commercial cannabis overlay district.
- Specific parcels would be in compliance with the Tax ordinance
Join our newsletter to have cannabis regulation updates sent directly to your inbox.