NEW UPDATE ON CORONA CANNABIS REGULATIONS BELOW – Applications Accepted Soon!
The city of Corona, CA is in the process of developing an ordinance that, if passed, will allow for cannabis retail, delivery, manufacturing, distribution, and testing labs within the city’s manufacturing zones.
This is a huge opportunity to learn the Corona, CA cannabis regulations and prepare for the new rules to be confirmed. Learn more below about we can give you a jump start.
City of Corona Overview
With a population of approximately 180,000 residents, the city is located near the Orange County, Los Angeles, and Riverside County markets. Corona offers an exciting opportunity to serve as a centralized base for your Southern California operations.
Additionally, the city is conveniently near several populous cities like Anaheim, that have not yet legalized commercial cannabis, but allow for deliveries of cannabis originating outside the city limits.
Read on to learn the details of the upcoming ordinances and find out how you can get a head start on the competition by finding a qualified cannabis location in Corona. Contact us for licensing support in Corona, CA.
Corona, CA Cannabis Regulations – Applications Accepted Starting April 19th!
On April 1, 2021, the city of Corona recently passed its cannabis ordinance and will be accepting applications for storefront retail licenses between April 19th and May 18th. New Non-storefront cannabis businesses applications are not subject to the merit-based review process and may submit an application at any time after the start date.
On June 26, 2019, the City Council held a study session on the possible regulation of commercial cannabis businesses and directed staff to begin work on a proposed ordinance and related policy documents to regulate commercial cannabis businesses. City council authorized the formation of a Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee, consisting of Mayor Steiner and Council Member Scott, to work with staff on developing the regulatory documents.
On February 19, 2020, the Cannabis Ad Hoc Committee presented a first draft of a cannabis ordinance for Corona and the city has spent the last few months refining the details with hopes to have a finalized ordinance in place soon.
Contact us for Cannabis Licensing Support in Corona, CA
Let’s Get Started on Your Application:
About the Proposed Cannabis Ordinance in Corona, CA
Cannabis Uses: Retail, Delivery, Manufacturing, Distribution, Testing Labs, Storefront Retail Microbusiness, and Non-Storefront Retail Microbusiness.
Proposed Caps: Storefront Retail and or Storefront Retail Microbusiness – The maximum shall be calculated using a formula of one (1) storefront retailer and/or storefront retail microbusiness per 15,000 City residents, rounded-up to the next whole number, or as established by City Council resolution pursuant to § 5.36.060(E).
As of the date of adoption of the ordinance establishing this section in 2020, the maximum is twelve (12) licenses. Multiple retail locations prohibited. A retail commercial cannabis business shall not be permitted to operate at multiple locations in the city.
All other commercial cannabis uses would have no limit on the number of cannabis businesses allowed, making the city a potential hub for manufacturing, distribution, testing, and delivery operations.
Proposed Operating Fees:
- Storefront Retailer: A rate of up to 9% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received.
- Non-storefront Retailer: A rate of up to 9% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received.
- Manufacturing: A rate of up to 7% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received.
- Distribution: A rate of up to 7% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received.
- Testing Laboratory: A rate of up to 3% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received.
- Microbusiness: A rate of up to 9% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received for the retail portion of the business, plus a rate of 7% of the gross receipts generated or otherwise received for the manufacturing and distribution portions of the business.
Corona, CA Zoning for Cannabis Operations
All commercial cannabis uses will be required to be located in the Manufacturing (M-1, M-2, M-3, M-4) zones of the city and are subject to the following setback requirements:
- Retailers and storefront retail microbusinesses: can not be within a 1,000-foot radius of: Public or private school providing instruction in kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12; youth centers; day care centers; public or private parks; residential zone; or any other retailer or storefront retail microbusiness.
- Manufacturers, Distributors, non-storefront microbusiness, and testing Laboratories: can not be within a 600 foot radius of: public or private school providing instruction in kindergarten or any of grades 1 to 12; youth centers; day care center; public or private park; or residential zones.
Contact us for Corona Zoning Map for cannabis!
Whats Happens Next in Corona Cannabis Regulations?
A number of documents (other than the above Ordinance and Resolution) and actions are required before implementation can occur, including developing application and administration processes and completing a final CEQA review. Nonetheless, the City of Corona’s draft schedules call for consideration and adoption of the required documents as early as September and October, with an effective date and application implementation as early as November.
Here is a detailed look at the estimated schedule for passing this ordinance. Click here for the details
Get an early start on finding a viable location! We’ll help you find a qualified property, so you can be prepared when the application window begins.
You can find out the exact opportunity zones and available properties by using the CREC Portal & Network.
Get a Jump Start on Corona – Regulatory Maps Package!
Gain a huge competitive advantage in the City of Corona, with our NEW Regulatory Map, and you will know exactly where ALL the viable properties are for commercial cannabis in the City of Corona! Visualize the regulations through the CREC portal where you can identify sensitive uses, green zones, and the best fitting properties for cannabis business growth.
- Custom Maps Package Includes:
- Find City of Corona properties For Sale, For Lease, Leases expiring within a year, and Off Market
- 3 Month Access to CREC Portal & CREC Network ($750 value for 3 month access at introductory rate of $250 / month)
- Full Regulatory Map of Corona ($5,710 value as add on service)
- Property Due Diligence Report
- Corona Regulation Summary
- City Market Analysis
Fine Print: Get PDF version of map and properties if you cancel CREC Portal after 3 months.
Contact Us for a Quote – Order Custom Regulation Maps
Example of Regulatory Map and Market Analysis
Get the same data for Corona as shown here in the regulatory map of Emeryville!
Reseller Program for Broker Professionals: Utilize our reseller program to make some money and be the best resource for your client. Contact us for details on referrals!
Contact us to Get Started in Corona, CA!
Use our custom maps, compliance team, brokers, and partners to launch your next location. Reach out with any questions about regulations!
Contact us to discuss these regulations with our dedicated CREC Compliance team and determine whether your property could be a viable location for a cannabis business, or get help from our experienced Brokerage team in finding or selling a cannabis property in the area. We can also build custom regulation maps that show all of the viably zoned locations in the city for cannabis businesses.
Let’s get you the Corona Zoning Map for cannabis!
How can we help? Complete this form for more information on the City of Corona & regulation maps.